I have been active in the delivery and management of services since 1976 and with IT Service Management since 1984, initially as IT Manager within UK Civil Service and subsequently as author, consultant and trainer.Actively involved in the development process for all elements of the ITIL/BSI best practice in IT Service Management, I was an author for ITIL V1, V2 and V3 and for BS15000 (the standard that was fast tracked to become ISO/IEC20000).
I have delivered consultancy and training on the whole range of IT Service Management, working in over 40 countries across all continents (except Antartica). I talk at many industry events and conferences as well as writing articles and blogs on service management and its development and positioning.
I was closely involved with itSMF from 1995 until 2013, holding many positions in both the UK and international organisations and presented for itSMF at events in 35 countries.
Worked for organisations as Service Now, IBM, Axios and CCTA.
From 1991 I worked for ISEB, EXIN and APMG as an ITSM examiner.
I also helped other IT disciplines to set up professional qualifications:
- ISEB certificate board in Software Testing. I remained on the board for their first year
- Business Continuity Institute, where I remained on the board for two years.
I was a member of the BSI panel that produced both the BSI Code of Practice for IT Service Management and the formal British Standard in IT Service Management (BS15000) and I was the author of the BSI Workbook for IT Service Management, PD0015
I have also contributed to other publications by itSMF, Van Haren Publishing etc, written numerous articles for industry magazines and co-authored numerous white papers on a range of service management related topics.
ITIL® and related Publications (mostly as co-author)
- Management of Local Processors and Terminals
- Testing an IT Service for Operational Use
- ITIL in Small IT Units
- Case Studies
- itSMF’s ITIL Pocket Book (Service Support half and overall layout/content)
- itSMF’s ITIL Dictionary of Terms and acronyms
- Business Perspective (understanding Business Perspective chapter)
- ITIL: Small Scale Implementation (update of ITIL-in-SITU)
- Service Transition
- ITIL V3 Overview pocket book (free publication from itSMF)
- ITIL: Small Scale Implementation (update)